The village of Tserovo was made by the Greek government to change its
name to Klidion. It is located about 22 kilometres southeast of Lerin
on the lower slopes of the Golemo Klepalo Mountain. It lies at 21 degrees
39 minutes longitude and 40 degrees 45 minutes latitude. Its altitude
is 840 metres above sea level and its area is about 11 square kilometres.
The village borders to the northwest with the village Banitsa, to the
northeast with the village Gornichevo and to the southeast with the
Before the start of the Greek Civil War in 1945 about 630 Macedonian
residents lived in the village. The residents were employed in agriculture
and raising livestock.
During the Greek Civil War, the residents took part in NOF and DAG
and had more than 30 active fighters. 11 gave their lives.
1. Danov Vane Boris
2. Dinov A Miro
3. Gjijoshkov G Blagoj
4. Gjioshkov Miti Fane
5. Kindov M Petse
6. Kindov Filip Tsile
7. Kindov Filip Metodi
8. Nastov N Pavle
9. Setina K Simo
10. Stajov V Kalijo
11. Stajov Tashe Gligor
After the Greek Civil War and emigration from and forced migration
to the village, the number of residents fell significantly. The census
in Greece in 1991 recorded 190 residents in the village.
< Return to Index or Next
Lerin in Mourning