The village of Shtrkovo was made to change its name by the Greek government
to Plati. The village is about 26 kilometres west of Lerin. It is on
the lower slopes of the German Mountain not far from the Mala Prespa
Lake at 21 degrees 08 minutes longitude and 40 degrees 49 minutes latitude.
It is 960 metres above sea level and has an area of about 6 square kilometres.
The village borders the following settled places: to the north with
Medovo, to the southeast with Rudari, to the south with P'pli, to the
east with the German Mountain and to the west the Mala Prespa Lake.
Before the start of the Greek Civil War in 1945 about 270 Macedonian
residents lived in the village and were employed in agriculture and
In the period 1946-49, the residents were active in the organization
of NOF and the armed forces of DAG with more than 40 fighters. 14 gave
1. Grozdano Gligor Goche
2. Kostadinov Aleko
3. Kostov Jane - father and son
4. Kostov Jane Pando
5. Kostov Bozhin Vasil
6. Kostova Alekso Stefana
7. Kostovska Ristosija
8. Kochev Stavre
9. Minovski Mijal
10. Ristevski Trajko
11. Ristevski Goche
12. Ristevski Vasil Jani
13. Ristevski Sotir
14. Ristevski Mitre
The details about the middle names were completed by Chulakova (Kostova)
Pando Lena from the same village.
Of the fallen fighters who gave their young lives there were 12 men
and 2 women.
After the Greek Civil War and emigration from and forced migration
to the village, the number of residents fell significantly. The village
recorded 86 residents in the 1991 census in Greece.
< Return to Index or Next
Lerin in Mourning